What do you get when the French Alps meet Scotland on the gorgeous island of Alderney?? THIS!! A real stunner of a wedding, pretty much 90% homemade by Holly, Derek and their amazing team made up of friends and colleagues from The Georgian House Hotel on Alderney and their time in Meribel, France. Derek and Holly met in Meribel, where they now spend each winter. Holly runs Fish & Pips, a chalet holiday company, and Derek runs his own ski school, Marmalade.
Highlights of the wedding included:
- a morning swim for Derek and all guests lead by Duncan Goodhew!
- Holly & Derek’s own signature cocktails (Del’s Marmalade Daquiri and Holly’s Elderflower Sangaree) for each guest to mix themselves at the table using jam jars!
- Skis as the seating plan and to serve canapés!!
- Table names of all the runs in Meribel
- The most amazing setting overlooking one of Alderney’s incredible beaches and the best locations for couple shots – happy Helen!
- Stunning bridesmaids dresses
- Invites made to look like lift passes and piste maps
- A Golf buggy all done out in tartan to transport the happy couple around
- Bagpipe player and celidh
- The “off piste” bar serving every drink and shot you could possibly imagine and even Meribel’s renowned beer “Mutzig” – super strong! There would have been lots of sore heads in the morning, especially as the party went on to 4am!
- All staff were friends/employees of Derek and Holly and the main chef won best chalet chef (as voted for by the Times) for Holly’s company Fish & Pips
- All staff wore T-shirts showing a picture of Derek and Holly
All in all, totally amazing and I wish I’d had a 2nd shooter as there was so much going on! xxx
Congratulations Holly & Derek! xxx